Once again it has been a long time since I posted anything on here. It's been busy so I am not going to try to catch you up on all that is happening. With 4 kids, school, work, church and photography there is always something happening in our family.
We didn't think we were busy enough so we added Upward Flag Football to our agenda. All three of the boys are playing and Jeff is coaching. He is Jacob and Luke's coach and they are loving it! If you are not familiar with Upward I would highly recommend looking into the organization and checking to see if there are any churches in your area offering a league. They have soccer, flag football and basketball. We have played soccer in the past, and Noah played basketball several years ago in Nashville. We love this organization. They do not focus on winning. They focus on the skills needed for the game, working together as a team and have a Christ-like attitude while playing. I have seen too many community leagues where the parents can be so hateful and the kids that aren't very good, never get to play. In Upward, everyone gets to play the same amount of time. During every practice the coach takes a break about half way through and gives a devotion and they learn a bible verse. Then at every game during half-time they give a devotion for the players and all those attending the games. It is a great ministry for churches. We feel like this is the best option for our family, at least until the kids are old enough to play sports in school. We have practice every Thursday evening, then the games are on Saturday. I love watching the boys get excited about playing!
Since I have talked some about the boys, I will add a little about Kylee. She is loving 7th grade and is doing a great job. They get report cards next week, but from what we can tell she will have all A's for the past 9 weeks. She is so excited and we are so proud of her! A couple of weeks ago she went to the first dance of this year and had a great time. She is growing up so fast!
The kids are on fall break. They are finishing up their 2nd week. Jeff took them all camping Monday through this morning. They had a great time and had lots of stories to share. I had to work so I wan't able to join them. Hopefully I will have some pictures to share. I sent my old camera with them but haven't check to see if they took any pictures.
Here are a few pictures of the boys playing football and one from Kylee before she left for the dance. Enjoy!





0 comments:
Post a Comment