Wow! Can't believe it has been over 2 months since I posted on here. This summer has gone by soooo fast! I will try to highlight some of the things that has gone on in our family throughout this summer. The end of May and beginning of June was completely devoted to getting ready for VBS. Our VBS was scheduled for June 14-18. In the past our church has always gone all out on the decorations so we had a very busy couple of weeks drawing, painting and assembling things for VBS. But it is always worth it when the kids come in and see everything. This year we used the curriculum from Answers in Genesis, "The Egypt File: Decoding the Mystery of Life". We loved it and plan on using their curriculum again next year. The lessons really had some depth to them and helped to teach the kids what we believe and why we believe it. We had more kids attend than the church had ever had and had one salvation. We were very glad when the week was over because we were so tired but it was such a great week.
On the Saturday after VBS we met my parents in KY so they could take Luke home with them for the next week. He was very excited about going to their house all by himself. In the past he has gone with Jacob but this year Jacob was old enough to go to camp so Luke got my parents all to himself. Then on Sunday afternoon, Kylee, Noah, and Jacob all left for Camp Cumberland here in TN. They went with some other adults and kids from our church and had a great week. Jeff also left that afternoon for Camp Beaverfork in Arkansas. He was excited to go back to the camp that he grew up going to. He was the Bible teacher there for the week. They were doing a theme on creation. His best friend, Brian Kesterson, is the Camp Director and asked him to come with some of his animal friends and teach. So Jeff loaded up 13 different animals in the van and spent the week there. He loved being back at Camp Beaverfork and had a great week.
I'm sure you figured out by now that since Jeff and all 4 kids were gone that meant I had a whole week to myself!! I missed them but it sure was nice to have some "me" time. I caught up on all the laundry, cleaned the house (and it actually stayed clean), met up with several friends throughout the week, took a couple of vacation days, got my haircut and just enjoyed doing whatever I wanted. The kids came home Friday afternoon from camp. Then that evening we met up with my parents again in KY to get Luke and let them have Jacob for the next week.
We picked Jacob up on that next Thursday and then left Friday morning for Disney. Jeff's parents had been planning this Disney trip for almost 3 years. The whole Edgmon family went to Disney, all 17 of us! We had a great time spending the week at the resort and do all things Disney. We went to all four Disney parks and then back to Magic Kingdom for our last day at the parks. We had a great week together and made so many memories. This was the first time my kids had been to Disney so it was so fun watching their excitement. I plan to dedicate a whole blog entry to our trip so that I will have all the details highlighted for my kids to read in the future.
After Disney, we had one week at home and then we left on another 11 hours trip to Oklahoma City for the National Convention of Free Will Baptist and their Youth Conference. We took a group from our church and had a great week. The services were great and it was good to be their for the 75th anniversary of Free Will Baptist International Missions. The kids all enjoyed their services and did a great job with the competition they were involved in. Kylee got second place in her photography entry. Noah had a pencil drawing but did not place. He had high scores but is in the lower end of his age category and there were about 12 other entries. We are so proud of both of them. They are already talking about what they want to do next year.
This week has been crazy trying to catch up at work. This is our busiest time of the year since we are getting ready to students to come for the fall semester. The beginning of the summer I received a promotion in our office and I am now the Financial Aid Coordinator. This means that the everyday responsibilities of the financial aid office fall on me. I am very excited about my new position and look forward to the Fall semester starting.
The kids had their open house at school tonight and start school on Monday. They all seem to be ready to get back into a routine and see all their friends from school. We met all their teachers tonight and I think we are going to be very pleased with them.
I think that pretty much covers all the highlights of our summer. It went by very fast. The years seem to go by faster and faster! Here's a picture from our Disney trip:


2 comments:
Wow! You've had a busy summer. Congratulations on your promotion!!!
Sounds like some busy times. I am totally jealous of the Disney trip. I hope we can get there in the next few years. Can't wait to see you pictures from it.
Post a Comment