Wow! I am now the parent of a teenage daughter!! Kylee turned 13 this past Saturday. It is so hard to believe. We are so proud of the beautiful young lady she has become. Here is a picture of what she did most of the day:
She had waited several months to have a facebook page but we would not let her have one until she turned 13. She was so excited Saturday morning and could not wait until I helped her get her account set up. Then she was on there most of the day. She got excited as each new friend accepted her friend request.
Just a little about her at this age:
*She is in 7th grade at Dickson Middle School.
*She loves playing the saxaphone in the band.
*She loves the Lord and tries very hard to live out her belief's in her life so that others know she is a Christian. (I love watching her grow spiritually!)
*She still likes to mother her little brothers even though they can do everything on their own now.
*She loves to cook and help either Jeff or myself in the kitchen. Lots of times will even cook a meal on her own!
My parents were able to come for the weekend to help celebrate her birthday. We had a party with our families on Saturday afternoon. She is planning a sleepover with some friends later in the month.
Today we woke up to about 3 1/2 or 4 inches of snow. The kids were very excited to be out for the day. We were suppose to have registration for the Spring semester at FWBBC today but they had to postpone because of the weather. The kids and I went out this morning to play and sled in the snow. We had a great time!
The last few months have been crazy and very busy around our house. I'm not going to promise to post more on the blog because every time I do that, it never happens! I would like to ask for those who are still reading the blog to pray for our family over the next few months. I'm not going to go into details right now, but there is going to be some transitions for our family in the near future. Pray especially for the kids as they deal with this. Pray also for Jeff and I as we seek God's will for the next step for our family. We are holding on to the truth that God doesn't close one door without opening another door. We are just waiting for Him to open the next door!



2 comments:
I can't believe she's 13. We're getting so old! :)
Ya'll got way more snow than we did. So jealous!! Will be praying for ya'll in the changes coming up.
Post a Comment