Yesterday was my birthday and I am now another year older. Not sure that I feel any older than I did, since I already felt old! I had a great day thanks to my awesome family! Kylee and Jeff got up earlier than normal to fix breakfast for me. They made scrambled eggs for everyone else and fried eggs for me because that is what I prefer. Then we had toast and ham. They let me sleep until everything was ready and then woke me up. Then they sang Happy Birthday to me and we all ate breakfast together. It was so nice because normally everyone is just grabbing something and eating at different times as they finish getting ready for school. After we all ate, Jeff took the kids to school.
Then for lunch Jeff took me out to one of my favorite local restaurants here in Dickson, The Front Porch. It is a small restaurant in an old house in the older part of Dickson. It is all home cooking and so good! I love their chicken casserole and their cranberry salad. They have some awesome homemade desserts and yesterday was the day for homemade blackberry cobbler with ice cream. That is one of my very favorite desserts. My mom and grandma always made it for my Dad and I when I was growing up. When I have it I am always reminded of my grandma. It was so nice out so we sat on their enclosed front porch with the windows open. It was so nice to go out just the two of us for a quiet lunch.
After lunch we went to the church to do some work. Then Jeff took me shopping for my birthday. But first we went home to check our mail and I had my birthday card and birthday money from my parents. So I had more money to spend! I got several new pairs of capris and a couple of shirts. Jeff was very patient with me and didn't complain at all while we were shopping and I was trying on clothes!
We ended up not doing anything for supper because they were planning to feed the kids at church and we were still full from lunch. I enjoyed the day and loved spending time with Jeff and the kids. Kylee is very sweet and always wants to make things special for me. She was not happy with Jeff because he was taking me shopping instead of buying me something on his own. I assured her that it was fine with me but she still thought he should have at least got me something little in addition to taking me shopping. I can always count on her to not let Jeff forget my birthday or other special days!
So I haven't been very good about updating the blog. Jeff has been reminding me but at the end of the day when I am exhausted I would rather go on to bed! We have had a great couple of weeks. We had our annual Easter egg hunt at church and set a record with over 200 registered children in attendance. We have already had several new visitors and some that are starting to come. Our Easter weekend was great. We had a lady saved during the church service that morning and then we spent the afternoon at Jeff's parents house. The kids had a couple of Easter egg hunts there and colored Easter eggs. It was nice to be with family and visit and also eat some good food! Then this past weekend we had a Teacher's Seminar at church on Saturday morning. We had our good friend, Barry Raper, who teaches at the college and is also a pastor in Ashland City area, as our speaker. He did a great job! Then we ended the seminar with a Teacher Appreciation Lunch. We had some great ribs to eat! It was a great time and everyone seemed to really enjoy the seminar and lunch.
That pretty much sums up the highlights of what has been going on. Here are pictures of the kids from Easter Sunday. Hope everyone has a great Friday!





1 comments:
Great pictures! I can't believe how much they are growing. Thanks for having Barry and for the chocolate cake. Not sure who made it but we all enjoyed it. We all pretty much bypassed Barry when he got home and went straight for the cake!
Post a Comment