The Edgmon Gang

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Being a Single Parent

Well, I would not do well as a single parent and I have a new respect for those who are single parents. Jeff has been gone since Sunday afternoon and will not be back until Thursday afternoon. He is in Orlando, FL for the Youth Pastors Summit and FWB Gathering. Don't get me wrong I am very excited for him and so glad that he has the opportunity to go to this but I am so glad that this is a rare thing and he is usually here with us. The kids have been good, just the normal arguing but not too bad. I just do not like having all the responsibility of everything on my shoulders. Jeff is an awesome husband and father and is greatly missed when he is not around!

Kylee was concerned about who would be doing the cooking since for the last year he has been the main one cooking around here. Jeff assured her that I can cook and everything would be fine. She has been helping and has actually got up the last two mornings and made breakfast for everyone. She got upset with Luke Monday morning because she had made breakfast and had it all ready when he came in and said he didn't want it. Then he asked her to fix him some cereal and she wasn't going to do that. She told him "I got up and fixed breakfast and if you aren't going to eat what I fixed then I'm not going to help you fix anything else!" They were so funny. I ended up eating it and got Luke some cereal. Then tonight she helped me make breakfast food for supper. So we are making it without Jeff but can't wait for him to be home! He is having a great time and learning a lot. He just called and said it has been wonderful and he has lots of great ideas.

As usual I am struggling with putting things in God's hands and letting them go. It has now been a year since Jeff was laid off from his job. He recently talked with his boss and he told Jeff things are still slow and as soon as he can he will be calling Jeff back to work. There are just not any full-time jobs in the area. I am not good at putting our finances in God's hands. I want to know how things are going to work out and how we are going to pay the bills. God has always provided, especially this past year. There are some possible changes in some things that just have me wanting to know how things are going to work out! So any prayers you can send our way would be very appreciated!

Not much has really happened over the last several days. Noah had his last basketball game last Thursday night, Kylee went to the Middle School dance last Friday night and then Jeff left for Florida on Sunday afternoon. I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow of Noah's game and Kylee's dance. They cancelled their Valentine Dance because they had a snow day that day so it was rescheduled to last week. Kylee had two of her best friends come over after school and they got ready together then Jeff took them to the dance.

That is about all that has happened. Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh girl, I so feel your pain when the husband is gone! The few times Barry has had to away for school were really hard. Praying for ya'll.