The Edgmon Gang

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Weekend!

We had a great end to last week and weekend. Last Thursday the kids finally went back to school! We were all very excited. Since Luke didn't get to go to school on his birthday we took cupcakes to his class after their lunch and spent a little while there with him. Then that evening Noah had a basketball game. He is doing so much better. He made one basket, had several rebounds and several assists. They won their game by 5 points. He has his last game this coming Thursday night and is not ready for the season to be over. When we got home from the game my plans were to clean the house because my parents were coming on Friday, but Jeff said not to worry about that he would do it all on Friday. I just love him!!

Jeff got the house cleaned Friday and my parents made it in to help Luke celebrate his birthday. They took us out for Chinese per Luke's request since he was the birthday boy. Then Saturday we celebrated Luke's birthday with my parents and some of Jeff's family. He had a great time and got some great gifts and some money that he can't wait to spend. My parents had to leave after the party to get back home. Jeff's brother, Ben, and his fiance, Rachael, stayed for a little while after everyone left to spend some time with the kids and visit.

The weather was so beautiful this weekend. The kids played outside as much as they could. It made us all so ready for Spring, but I hear there is some more cold weather on the way. Hopefully it won't last long and we will have some warmer weather again soon!

We had a great day at church yesterday. In Sunday School we started a new study with the teens called "Demolishing Strongholds". We are so excited about this study. It is a study about the foundations of Christian beliefs and is designed to help them learn how to defend their faith. Then during the morning service we observed communion as a family. Our pastor had each family come together to take part in communion. I loved doing this as a family. It is such a great feeling to watch your kids grow spiritually! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family and I am so thankful for each one of them.

Tonight is girls night out with some great friends! It has been awhile since I have been out with them so I am looking forward to it. I'm sharing several pictures from the weekend. I am off to work now. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Our dog, Jasmine, in her usual spot on Jeff's lap.

Luke at school celebrating his birthday!

Luke with his cake and presents at his party!


above - Jeff, Ben and Luke playing with his birthday present from us.

Noah outside playing. He put his basketball goal that goes
on the back of his door out of our balcony.

0 comments: