The Edgmon Gang

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yay! My Camera Came!!


So today was a great day for me!! The UPS man delivered my new camera! I am so excited and already love it. I snapped a few pictures this afternoon and took some tonight at church. We are working on updating our website and putting some new pictures on there. So it came at a perfect time. I ended up getting the Cannon 50D after lots of going back and forth on what to get. I also go a new speedlite. The one I have for my Cannon Rebel XT is an off brand and I was not as happy with it. I am keeping the Rebel for a back-up camera and also for Jeff to use so he can be a second shooter at weddings. I can't wait to figure out where everything is on the 50D compared to the Rebel. Here is a picture on manual and with the speedlite that I took of Jeff while he was trying to catch a quick nap before church tonight. It is straight out of the camera with no editing and was taken in a very dim room.


We had more snow come Monday night and Tuesday so the kids have been out of school the last two days and we found out they are out again tomorrow. It is just crazy!! The roads in Dickson are pretty much clear, but other parts of Dickson County still have some icy roads. Today was snow day 9 of the 11 snow days that are built into the school calendar. The bad thing is they are saying there is the chance of more snow this Sunday. We still have the rest of February to get through so who knows what will happen with the school calendar.

The snow this time was wet and good for snowballs and snowmen. We had a good time making a snowman. I will try to share some of those pictures tomorrow. Jeff was involved so you know we didn't make the typical snowman!

I have been working on a new website for my business. I think I am really going to like it once I get it all done. It will have the client proofing with-in the site and also a shopping cart so everyone can order though my site. I will let everyone know once it is done so you can check it out.

It is late and I think I am going to head to bed!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new camera! I've got a speedlite on my wish list. :)

Amanda said...

Congrats on the new goodies!! The picture looks great! I have a long way to go to learn my speedlite! Looks like you have it down pat!!