Yay!! The kids finally went back to school today. They were out last Friday and then Monday through Wednesday this week because of the winter storm that came through. The first two snow days were fine but after that we were very ready for them to go back. However because we live in a county that has lots of back roads that were still ice covered and main roads that were clear we still had snow days. We did enjoy a lot of family time that was great. I was able to go into work on Tuesday and leave Jeff home with the kids. I don't think he was too excited but they made it.
Tuesday night we went to Randall House Publications for their VBS preview. Jeff and I are co-directors for our VBS at church so we wanted to see what our options were for this year. We had a great time and got to see several friends from college. Phillip and couple of the women from Seeds Family Worship was there so that was really awesome. He opened up the night with a couple of their songs and during on of them he asked for a couple of volunteers and of course Jeff was quick to raise his hand. We love Seeds Family Worship and listen to their music all the time. So Jeff got to go up and sing with him! He was so excited and also got a free Seeds t-shirt. For those of you that don't know about them you should really check out their website. All of their music is scripture that is directly from the bible. It is a great tool for children's ministry and for you own kids. Our kids love it and have memorized several verses just from listening and singing along with their music. They are a great group of people that have a passion for planting the word in the lives of families. We are excited about our VBS this year. We are doing one from Answers in Genesis. This is the organization that has the Creation Museum. I think it will be different than what other churches are doing and will teach some of the core foundations of what we believe.
Yesterday was a good day but you could tell the kids were ready to go back to school. However, Jacob was the only one that would admit he was ready to go back. We worked up at the church most of the afternoon and then we had church last night. We were all excited to go to church since we didn't have it on Sunday. It was good to see everyone, especially our teens. I love spending time with them. They are so much fun!
Today was rough getting everyone up early for school since they have been staying up late the last several nights. But we all made it and the kids got to school. Kylee is not feeling good but she hasn't run a fever so she went on to school. She has a horrible cough. You can always tell when she really doesn't feel good because she is very quiet! Jeff and I worked around the house some and then went out to eat to celebrate the kids being back in school. Then we were at the church for a few hours getting things done there.
I took Noah to his basketball game tonight and Jeff took Jacob to the dentist to get a cavity filled. Noah did a great job and they won 37-27. He made his first basket tonight and was very excited. He ended up with two baskets for the game and then some rebounds and assists. I loved it when he made each basket he would immediately look over at me and smile real big. Jeff really wanted to be there but one of us had to take Jacob so I sent him texts throughout the game to let him know how things were going.
I am very excited! We are suppose to get our tax return this weekend and Jeff is letting me use some of it to buy a new camera and accessories!!! My camera is about 3 years old and I really need to have a back-up so I am getting a new one and using my old one as the back-up. We will also use it at weddings so Jeff can be a second shooter. It is so hard to capture everything I need to at a wedding but with a second shooter you can cover things so much better. I am really wanting to take my photography to the next level and improve. I am also signing up for an on-line class that is highly recommended by other professional photographers. I am able to get a good discount because I am a member on a photography site/forum that the instructor is on also. I am really looking forward to it all and also making some changes in my business. Be on the lookout for some announcements on here in the future!

2 comments:
cool i was ready. i was about to drive my parents insane. ha ha
WooHOO to new stuff! Now you gotta tell me, what camera are you getting and what class are you taking.
Post a Comment