Today was Luke's 6th birthday! It is so hard to believe that he is 6 years old. Six years ago I had just delivered a small 6lb 1 oz. little boy (he was very small for us since I was use to having 9 lb babies). He was 6 weeks early and I was not where I thought I would be that night. It was a very scary day for us but God was watching over our little Luke and he arrived safely. He did have to stay in the NICU for 9 days because of his lungs not being ready and also because he had no desire to eat. Leaving him when I was released was one of the hardest things I have ever done. We are so thankful for Luke and God's protection over him those first few weeks!!
We had a great weekend and Valentine's Day. Jeff and I really didn't do much for Valentine's Day this year. My new camera was my present and then he got a few things for his office. But Friday night he came home with some chocolate truffles and a chocolate covered strawberry from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in Opry Mills Mall. They were so good!
Sunday morning we had a speaker from Gideon International. I love hearing how they are impacting the world for Christ. They spread the Word in 191 countries! We had a special offering and raised over $2100. Then that evening we had our annual Valentine's Day Banquet that the youth sponsor. They did a great job and we all had some good food and great fun. They take donations and help raise money for various things the youth are doing. But the best thing that happened that evening was that we had a teenage boy accept Christ as his Savior! So Sunday ended up being a very exciting day!
The kids were out of school Monday for President's Day and we had more snow and ice come so I was home also. We just hung out around the house and I did some work from home for the college. The kids all got a Webkinz for Valentine's Day so they were wanting on the computer all day to play in the Webkinz world.
The kids had MORE snow days yesterday and today. Today was snow day #13 since the beginning of January. We now have 2 days to make up. I am hoping that we don't have anymore snow but from what I am being told from some older people and farmers we are suppose to have winter weather for a few more weeks. Anyway, Luke was able to spend his day at home with the rest of us. We went out for lunch to Dairy Queen per his request. We will have his party with all our family on Saturday so he didn't get to open his presents today. Even though he kept asking for some. Tonight at church we took cupcakes and celebrated with all the kids at church. He is looking forward to going out to eat Friday night with my parents. They always come down for the kids birthdays and take them out to eat wherever the kids want to go. He has already decided that he want Chinese food.
Here are a couple of pictures from tonight at church. Hope everyone is having a great week!
By the way, I wanted to let everyone know that I have a new website up for Portraits by Angie Edgmon. You can check it out at www.portraitsbyangie.net.



1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Luke!
I am so ready for all this snow and stuff to be gone. All the inside pictures are killing me. I am ready to get outside and shoot. Sounds like ya'll have had a lot more snow days than us. I've about gone crazy from them all!
Post a Comment