The Edgmon Gang

Monday, February 01, 2010

Working at home!

The snow and ice is still around today so we are home for another day. The main roads are pretty clear but the side roads, drives and parking lots are still pretty bad. Our vehicles have not been moved since Friday so not sure how easy it will be to get them out. Yesterday there were a few people trying to get out and they couldn't go anywhere. So I decided to stay home and work from home today. I am very thankful for a job that I can do from home and a boss that allows me to.

The kids have been out playing this morning. They are loving this but I think Jeff is about to go crazy. He will probably get out later this afternoon. It hasn't been too bad for me because we have gotten a lot around the house done. I took advantage of being stuck in the house and cleaned the house really good, cleaned out our closet and room, worked in Kylee's room, cleaned out the boys clothes and almost have the laundry caught up. For Kylee's birthday we gave her a room makeover with a new comforter and decorations. We got started on that this weekend. There are still a few things that we need to get but we got things cleaned out, the new comforter on the bed and put up the things we have so far. She was excited to get that done.

We have also spent time having fun this weekend. We have played outside, played the Wii and played several board games (especially Monopoly). Monopoly is Jeff's favorite game and he has started something in this house. Kylee and Noah love playing it also. Jeff is pretty hard-core and I think Noah is getting that way. We have the edition that has the trophy so they are all trying to get the trophy!

Saturday we made some snow cream and it tasted so good. Both of our families made it when we were growing up but the kids had never had it. They thought it was so cool to use snow to make it. They loved it! We got some ice along with the snow so it was a little crunchier than usual because of a little ice but it was till good. We had some peanut butter brownies with it so that made it all even better!

We didn't have church Sunday so we had our own service here at home. We missed being with our church family but I loved worshipping at home with my family. I played the piano and we sang several hymns and a couple praise & worship songs. We took up an offering using our missions bank we are working on filling up. Luke was our usher. Then Jeff read from I Corinthians 12 & 13 and talked out that some. Then we closed out in prayer. It was so sweet to hear the kids singing and to be able to worship our Saviour at home together as a family.

Jeff is making lunch and it is starting to smell really good. Hope everyone has a great day!


1 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm going stir crazy so I can feel for Jeff! :)