I did not want to get up today!! The kids are out for Martin Luther King day but I have to work. It was very hard getting up while everyone else was sleeping. In the past when the kids have had a day off school I usually needed to work at home or take a vacation day to stay home with them. But with Jeff laid off from work he has been able to stay home with them. I am sure they will enjoy their day with him but I sure would like to be there with them!
We had a good weekend. Jeff went to the Master's Men Conference with our pastor Saturday morning. Kylee had girl scouts Saturday for several hours and I had a couple of families to take pictures of for our church directory. It didn't take long since we are doing every one's picture with the same background. Everyone was home Saturday evening which was very nice. I worked on cleaning our bedroom and really focusing on my desk. When I became the church secretary they wanted me to use a Mac instead of a PC. I wasn't too sure about it but said I would give it a try. So they got me a Mac Book to use. I absolutely love it!! So I am working on getting my desktop at home cleaned off so I can get rid of it and we can get a Mac at home. When we do that I also plan to get rid of the big desk that I have and get a smaller one. Then yesterday we had church and practice for C.T.S. Competition. Both of our services we great. During the evening service a couple of the girls recited some of the passages they are learning for Bible Memorization. They did a great job and I am very proud of them! It is great watching the youth grow spiritually and using their talents to serve God!
In cleaning off my PC I came across my scrapbook pages that I did forever ago and also a lot of my scrapbook files. Looking over those has made me want to find the time to get back into scrap booking. It has been a long time since I worked on any of it so I am way behind. One thing that has hindered me was last year my external hard drive stopped working. I used it one night and the next day when I went to turn it one it wouldn't turn on. That is where I had all my scrapbook files and scrapbook pages. I am not really sure if I lost any pages because I am pretty sure I had them on my computer also. But I know that I lost a lot of kits that I had purchased. I have not been able to find anyone to try and retrieve anything off the drive. So lesson learned and I now make sure to back things up on a regular basis! Maybe I will surprise everyone soon with some new layouts to show here on the blog!
Well, my break is over and I need to get back to work. Hope everyone has a great day!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I hope you start back scrapping! I will be on the look out for new pages from you.
I am not sure about the date thing. Have done any rearranging to the blog because I can't see the background paper you used to have on there anymore. I couldn't find your email so shoot me one or give me a call and I can try to figure out what is going on if I can.
Post a Comment