The Edgmon Gang

Friday, January 15, 2010

It's Friday!!!

I am so glad it is Friday and I do not have to go to work tomorrow. It has been a long busy week and I am ready for the weekend. Last night Noah had his first basketball game for this season. He was so excited and had been counting down the hours. They only had five of their players there so they all got to play the entire game. It started out a little slow and you could tell it had been a year since Noah had played. But he finally got back into it somewhat and did a good job. He had a few rebounds and a good steal. He loves playing and I think after a few games he will remember what he has learned in the past. They ended up losing the game by 3 points but it came down to the last few seconds of the game before they lost it. So it ended up being a really good game. I really wish my sister Emily lived close and could work with him. I know all about the game but I am not very athletic and neither is Jeff so we can only help so much!

I have another Jacob story to share. This week Jeff found his old mp3 player that also plays the radio. We decided to give it to Jacob since Kylee & Noah already have one. So last night we got new batteries and showed him how to work it. He was listening to the radio and found a Christian station that has preaching on it. So he was listening to that for a few minutes but we told him to put it up so we could do devotions and go to bed. He came to me very excited and said "Tomorrow morning I am going to get up early so I can get ready and then have time to listen to some preaching before I go to school!" It was not something I expected to hear from a 7 year old but he was very excited about doing it. And this morning while he was eating his breakfast that was exactly what he was doing. Maybe he is going to be a preacher when he grows up!! Who knows, but I do know that God is going to use that tender heart of his to reach others in some way!

Jeff went to the Cougar Cub Celebration this morning at the kids school. After each nine weeks they have a celebration for each grade in the school gym to celebrate the students accomplishments. All three boys were being recognized for different things so Jeff was there to see them. Noah was recognized for 5 different things. I love their school and that they have this celebration to help the students try harder.

The kids and I have been home tonight by ourselves. Jeff went to a Master's Men Conference at New Hope FWB Church and has been gone all day. The good thing about it was that I needed to leave work early so I could be home not long after the kids got home from school. It was a beautiful day out so the kids played outside until it was dark. Not all of them wanted to stay outside but I told them it was much too pretty to stay inside and that they needed some fresh air! After they all came in we made a run to Quiznos for supper and then they have been playing and cleaning up their rooms. Kylee has hit that pre-teen attitude and it really came out tonight. So after cleaning her room she has had to stay in there and not watch tv. I think she is reading a book now after complaining several times that there was nothing to do and it was boring just sitting in her room.

I don't have a lot going on this weekend. Jeff will be gone until early afternoon tomorrow to the conference again, so it will just be me and the kids for most of the day. Kylee has a girl scout meeting tomorrow and then an activity afterwards so she will be at that. I am taking a few make-up pictures for the church directory but I think I only have two families coming so that won't take long. I am looking forward to getting some things done here around the house. Hope you all have a great weekend!

0 comments: