The Edgmon Gang

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Surprise!!!

I'm sure most of my readers have given up on me but I am still around. During 2009 taking the time to sit down and blog was not a priority. We had a couple of big changes in our family and before I knew it 2009 was over. It is just so hard to believe that it is 2010. I am praying that this is a great year for our family.

Last February Jeff was laid off from his job and has still not been called back. It was a big adjustment for us to have him home all the time and also financially but God has continued to provide for our family. Jeff has been able to use the extra time to work more at the church which he has really enjoyed. We are praying that things will improve and he will be called back to work soon! My hours were cut at the college so that was another financial adjustment for us but once again God provided and I was able to start working 1 day a week at church as the church secretary. It has been nice working with Jeff at the church and I have really enjoyed the work.

Jeff is enjoying being the Associate Pastor at our church. He was licensed to preach last February and has taken on several new responsibilities. He is teaching our teen Sunday school class and leading our Teen Youth group. We have had 5-6 teen girls that are involved and it has been great building a relationship with them and helping them grow in Christ. We are very excited about the future possibilities of these girls. Jeff is now preaching at least once a month, which I love. He has always said he is not a preacher but I think he is doing a pretty good job at it! This past August our Worship Leader/pianist stepped down from her position so Jeff is now the Worship Leader and I am the pianist. It is not something that I was very excited about doing but it has forced me to practice a lot more and work on my piano skills. So 2009 brought about a lot of changes with Jeff's position at church but he is doing a great job and loves working in the church.

The kids are all doing great! Kylee just turned 12 years old this past week. She is growing up to be a beautiful young lady. It's just hard to believe that she is 12 now! She loves church and being involved in anything church related. I love watching her love for Christ grow. She started middle school in the fall and seems to be enjoying 6th grade. She is playing the saxaphone and loves it. She is doing a great job.

Noah turned 10 years old in December and loves 4th grade. He is doing great in school. He started basketball but his first two games last week were cancelled because of the weather. He loves playing basketball and is very anxious to play his first game. He is working hard on Bible Memorization for CTS Competition and loves memorizing verses.


Jacob is in the 2nd grade and is now 7 years old. He loves school!! He was very disappointed when we found out that school was cancelled for the 3rd day in a row because of bad weather. He is such a sweet boy and I love watching his compassion for others come through in all that he does. He loves learning more about God and we will often find him reading his bible by himself.


Luke started Kindergarten this past fall and is doing great. He will be turning 6 next month. It is just so hard to believe that my baby will be 6. He is our very mischievous little boy. You never know what he is going to be doing. He loves to make us laugh. He loves church and I love watching him grow and ask more questions about God.

So all that said, we are doing good. God has been very good to us and blessed us more than we deserve. 2009 was a year of learning to rely on God. I have had to learn that before but I am one that worries about things so it is a lesson that I have to learn over and over a lot of times. But God continues to show me that He is faithful to provide our needs. I love serving such an awesome God!! We are excited about 2010 and the opportunities He will give us throughout the year to serve Him as a family. I am not going to make any promises but I will try very hard to keep the blog updated. I will try tonight to upload a few pictures. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so glad to see you back blogging! 2009 has been a very busy year for you all!