This past week my heart has hurt for the people of Haiti. The pictures of the children that have been shown on the news are so heartbreaking. It really makes you think about what you have and about complaining about things! The kids have seen some of the pictures on the news and we have talked about it a few times. It is been so good seeing the compassion and concern they have for the people there. Tuesday night while I was out for volleyball and girls night Jeff was having our bible reading and devotions with the kids. We let the kids take turns praying and it was Jacob's turn to pray. Jeff said they had not talked about Haiti any but Jacob remembered them in his prayer. After praying for all the things that he has he then asked God to be with the people in Haiti who have lost their homes and families. I am so thankful for all that we have and that my kids are aware that there are people hurting in the world and are concerned about them.
Last night we had a great time at church. Jeff and I lead our B.O.L.D. Ministries group. This is the teens in our church. I love working with them and watching them grow. Right now we have all teens girls and they are alot of fun. You never know what they are going to do or what kind of mood they will be in but it makes things interesting and fun! On Wednesday nights we have a bible study time with them then we play a couple of games and eat some snacks.
This morning I woke up with an awful headache so after Jeff and the kids left for school I laid down. I really thought Jeff would wake me up after a little while but he didn't. Evidently I was already asleep when we got back home from taking them so I couldn't tell him to wake me up after a little while. I ended up sleeping until 10:30a.m. but at least my headache was gone. He enjoyed skyping with Anthony and Lea and getting some things done on the computer.
Jeff and three of the kids have gone to Fire Station (pottery place) to finish up their pottery. They are going out of business so Jeff took them on Tuesday but they didn't get it all finished. Noah has a basketball game tonight so we will be going to that in just a little while. He is really hoping they win tonight. They have been so close the other two games. Luke is home with me and he is playing Wii Fit which is so funny to watch!

1 comments:
Just to let you know, when we went to Firestation, Jacob looked for something to paint for you. He couldn't find anything, and I finally talked him into doing a bank for his room. he was thinking of you though! Love ya!
Post a Comment