The Edgmon Gang

Thursday, September 04, 2008

September Already!?!?

I can't believe that it is September. This year has flown by, especially the last few months. Jeff is at the church studying and working on some things he has coming up, the kids are all in bed (not asleep yet, but in bed) and the house is quiet!! Some of you have probably given up on seeing a new post on here so I guess this is for those of you that have continued to check the blog (like my friend Amanda)!

July, the last month of our summer, was a busy one for us. It seemed like we always had something going on. The one thing that is the most memorable was our trip to Illinois to help celebrate my Grandma's birthday. She turned 80 years old!! My parents and Aunt & Uncle had a suprise birthday party for her. She ended up finding out about it but thought is was just family so she was still suprised when so many friend came. My sister and all of my cousins were able to make it there. We had not all been together in a very long time. It was so good to see my Grandma smile so much that afternoon. I am behind on editing pictures so I will try to post some pictures of all the family soon.

Then the beginning of August brought about the start of a new school year. The kids went back to school on August 1st. I think we were all ready for school to start, even the kids. Kylee is in 5th grade this year and has a great homeroom teacher and then 4 other teachers that she rotates to throughout the day for each subject. I can't believe she is already old enough to be doing that. Then Noah is in 3rd grade and has a wonderful teacher. He was very excited to find out that his best friend that lives by us is in his class again this year. He has had a great start to the year and is learning all kinds of new things and continuing to make good grades. Jacob is in 1st grade and also has a wonderful teacher. He is doing so good with his speech. We have seen a lot of improvement over the last few months. He loves school and has made a 100 on his very first two spelling pretest, which meant he didn't have to take the test on Friday. This will be the last year that Kylee will be in the same school as the boys for a couple of years.

Luke has started at a new school this year. He is going to K4 at United Christian Academy here in Dickson. He loves it! He has a great teacher and is learning so much. He has been so good at school. He goes 5 days a week, which has allowed me to have 2 days to work at home with no kids. I have been able to get so much more done for work. It has been great!!! I have also been able to go eat lunch with the kids at school or with Jeff. I have started taking lunch to Jeff at least one of the days that I am home. It has been nice to have our little date each week. It isn't very long but at least we are able to spend some time just the two of us. I go get lunch, then go pick Jeff up from work. There is a little park right beside the plant so we go over there and sit in the van or at the picnic tables, depending on the weather. We both look forward to that little bit of time together!!

In August we made another trip to Illinois but this time to help celebrate with my parents. My Dad has been the pastor of Bear Point FWB Church in Sesser, IL for 25 years. I am so proud of all him and my mom have done for the Lord there at Bear Point. The church had a very nice open house for them and we were able to see a lot of people that we have not seen in a long time. In appreciation for all of his work for the church they are sending them on a Southern Gospel Music Crusie. They will be going next February and are very excited about going. They have never been on a cruise but I know they will have a great time!

The most exciting thing that happened for our family in August was the baptism of Noah and Jacob. Noah asked Jesus into his heart last summer and then Jacob did this past March. They had both been asking about being baptized so we were finally able to find a Sunday that my parents could be here. So this past Sunday evening, August 31st, they were baptized. My Dad was able to assist our Pastor, Bro. Eddie, during their baptism. It was such a special time and we are so proud of Noah and Jacob and their decision to follow Christ. As a parent their salvation and then baptism is the ultimate goal that you have for them.

While my parents were here my Dad helped Jeff get his desk together for his office at church. My mom kept the kids at home for us and the three of us went to the church and worked on the office. Jeff and I had painted it on Saturday. It took about 4 hours but they finally got it together and it looks great. While they were doing that, I sorted through all his books and got them on his bookshelf. I think we just about have it all together. We got pictures on the walls last night. We still have a couch to get moved over there and a larger piece of artwork for one wall to find and then we will be done. He is so excited about the new position and ready to get started with everything. He has his first meeting with all the teachers in the church in a couple of weeks. He is a little nervous about it since it is his first meeting with them but I know he will do a great job!!

There is so much more that has been going on in our family but this post would be way too long if I mentioned everything. I have hit the major things to get you up-to-date with what is going on with the Edgmon Gang. I am working on getting caught up with editing pictures so I will post some pictures soon. I am watching McCain give his speech at the RNC while I am typing this so I hope it all makes sense. I am going to try to post a lot more often. I know I have said that before but I am really going to try this time!!!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Woot! Angie in the house, or on the blog rather LOL! So glad to see you posting again. This is the only way I have of keeping in touch now since we moved to the middle of nowhere!

Sounds like a lot of wonderful things have been going on for all of you. So excited to hear of the boys being baptized. That is what it's all about and that is wonderful!

Hope to see more on here and see some scrapbook pages girl! Have a great nigth!