The Edgmon Gang

Friday, September 26, 2008

Luke!!!!

I titled today's post "Luke" because Luke's name has been called out many times this morning. He has been out of school since Tuesday and is making sure that he does all he can to keep me from getting things done. He is such a sweetie but such a mess all at the same time. I just asked him to stop doing something and he turned, looked at me, then said "Make me!" He was not very happy after getting in trouble for saying that!

He just walked in with sunglasses, hat and backpack on and said "Hey Mommy what's up?" Like I said he is a mess! Last night he did give me a new title. He came running in after his bath saying that he was cold. I was on our bed watching tv and he curled up by me. After a minute or two he said "Mommy, you are the warmest mommy in the whole world!". I just love him.

The last few days have been pretty busy for us. Wednesday morning Luke had an appointment at the dentist to have a tooth pulled. I was so sad for him that he had to go through that and felt like such a bad mom. Evidently he has some bad teeth and is going to have to have some dental work done. He has several cavities, even though we brush his teeth everyday at least twice. He had one that was really bad and needed to go ahead and come out. He was so brave and did such a good job. We aren't sure when he will have the other work done but hopefully soon! We came home and they said he would be sleepy and sleep most of the day. Well the first few hours home he was not sleepy at all!! He finally crashed about 1:30p.m. and then slept until 5 p.m.

Yesterday I really needed to go into the office since I had not been there all week with Kylee being sick Monday and Tuesday. But with Luke out of school I had to find someone to take care of him. Luckily, Ben was able to help out and watch him after his class that morning. Luke was so excited to spend the day with Uncle Ben. He loved the fact that the other kids had to go to school and he didn't. It was crazy at work. There is so much going on and it is all a little overwheming right now. Hopefully this afternoon Luke will take a good nap and I can catch up on some things!! Last night after supper, Jeff went to the church to work for a few hours so I had bedtime duty.

We have several things going on this weekend so it sounds like it will be a busy weekend. I am ready for a weekend with nothing happening and we can just relax. Not sure when that will happen!!!

I have tried twice to upload a few pictures but blogger is not cooperating with me. I will try again later. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Luke! Hope all goes good with the work he needs. Reminds me that I have got to get the kids to the dentist soon. Hope you have a good weekend and maybe you can find some scrapping time soon!

Melissa said...

Oh, the blog looks great!!

That cracked me up about Luke's "Make me." I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we hear that from Camden!