The Edgmon Gang

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Year Older!

This past weekend Jeff had a birthday and is now another year older. He loves to rub it in that I am older than him so I thought I would post about his birthday and rub in to him that he is now another year older! We had a great weekend celebrating his birthday. Friday night Kylee had a birthday sleepover for a friend so she was gone for the night. Jeff, the boys and I decided to get something to eat and then pick up a movie to watch. We ended up with "Speed Racer" and only Jeff and Noah stayed awake to watch it. I just couldn't keep my eyes open!

Saturday we slept in a little and then got around to pick up Kylee and go get some groceries. That afternoon we had a Youth Scavenger Hunt at church. We all divided up into four groups and then headed out with our clues. We had a great time looking up scriptures to help figure out what we needed to find on the scavenger hunt. We ended up the afternoon looking for water in the park. Our group came in 2nd place! The kids all got to play for awhile and then once everyone was there we had drinks, cupcakes and chips.

From the park we headed over to Jeff's parents house because they were cooking him birthday dinner. We had a great meal of grilled steak and chicken with a bunch of side items. The kids enjoyed playing and seeing Granny and Papa.

Saturday was his birthday but Sunday was when he got his big present. My parents and grandma gave him money and then I added more to that and we got tickets to the Music Builds concert in Nashville. We went with a group from church and had a wonderful time. We left the church at 3 p.m. to head to downtown Nashvile. We went to Demo's to eat some great food and then headed on over to the concert. Jars of Clay, Switchfoot and Third Day were all there. They were all awesome but my favorite was Third Day. The concert started at 6 p.m. and lasted until about 11 p.m. So we didn't get home until a little after midnight. We are very thankful to Jeff's little brother, Ben, for watching the kids. He took them to church, then out to eat and got them home and in bed on time. Thanks Ben!! We wouldn't have been able to go without your help! I forgot my little camera but one of guys that went had his and we took some pictures. Once I get those from him I will try to post some.

Monday morning came way to early for us but we drug ourselves out of bed! Once the kids got up and around Kylee came and told me she didn't feel good and that her throat hurt. Of course my first thought was that she had strep. Her tonsils were swollen and she had several of the other symptoms. We couldn't get an appointment to see the doctor so we would just have to go and wait for them to work us in. The last time we did that on a Monday it took over 3 hours to get to an exam room and then another hour for the doctor to come in. So we just waited and when Jeff came home he took her to the walk-in clinic. When we have gone later in the day it usually doesn't take as long to be seen. The doctor said she has tonsillites and that there were a lot in Dickson County with it because of some bug that is going around.

She got some medicine but was feeling worse this morning so she stayed home again today. So I have had to work at home both days that I normally go into the office. Any other week I could change my days around but this week Luke is out of school Wednesday through Friday because of a conference the teachers at his school are going to. So I am doing a lot of work at home this week!

Well, it is time to read the bible with the kids and get them in bed. I will try to get some pictures posted soon!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Friends of mine went to that concert when it was here in Indy. They loved it! Happy Birthday Jeff!

Amanda said...

the blog looks great Angie. Are you getting to scrap any lately? I miss seeing you at SSD.Happy birthday to Jeff.