The Edgmon Gang

Monday, June 23, 2008

Recent happenings and a week alone!

We have had a very busy month! We started out the month making all the final preparations for VBS at church. Jeff and I were the directors this year so I was a little stressed about everything. We went with a BOOT Camp theme, which I am sure those that really know Jeff are not surprised! We were at the church every night the week before getting things ready and helping decorate. We had two wonderful ladies in charge of the decorating and they did a great job. Then we also spent the whole weekend before VBS running errands and getting things ready. Come Monday night everything was ready and we had a very smooth first night. Actually the whole week went off without any problems. We had a great week even though our numbers were down due to ball games and tournaments going on. We were able to present the gospel to those that were there and hopefully impacted their life for Christ. There will be pictures on our church website soon! I will post a link to them once I get them posted.

After two crazy weeks of not being home in the evenings my house was a wreck and we were being over run by laundry. So we spent some time getting things picked up and doing the mounds of laundry that weekend after VBS.

Last week was just a normal week for us. The kids had a new babysitter on Tuesday and absolutely love her. She took them swimming so that was a major plus with them. Lisa and Ben are still helping one day a week but I need to be in the office 3 days a week so Hayley will be helping out when I need her. We took the kids swimming a couple of times. They just about beg us every day to go.

Friday night was family night and the kids had been counting down the days until “Camp Rock” was on the Disney Channel. So we ordered pizza, popped popcorn and watched “Camp Rock”. After the movie was over we had packing to do because Jacob and Luke are spending the week in Illinois with my parents. We met my them in Kentucky on Saturday so they could get the boys. Jacob went last year for a week by himself. This is Luke’s first year to go but he didn’t want to go by himself, we wanted Jacob to be with him. They were so excited and I could barely get them to tell me bye. I am so glad they are able to spend this time with my parents. I know they are making great memories that they will cherish when they are older. It is also good for them to have the experience being away from Jeff and I.

Saturday after dropping them off we headed back to Clarksville to get last minute things needed for Kylee and Noah’s week at church camp. Then we went home and packed all of their stuff. Yes, all the kids are gone this week!!! Kylee and Noah left on the church van Sunday afternoon for camp. They will be back home Friday afternoon. We have a week alone!!! It was very quiet in the house this morning. It will be nice to have some time alone and also to get some things done around the house. We are cleaning out rooms this week while they are all gone and decluttering. Tonight is Kylee’s room and then tomorrow night the boy’s room!

Saturday evening we ended up taking Kylee and Noah to the Dickson Stampede Rodeo at the fair grounds. They had been wanting to go and were finally successful in talking me into it. We had a lot of fun. Kylee loves horses so she loved just being able to see all of those horses. Jeff ended the night by riding the mechanical bull. He stayed on for a few seconds but not very long. I will post some pictures of the rodeo soon!

That pretty much sums up the last few weeks in our household. I hope that you have had a great summer so far. I will get some pictures on here soon! Enjoy your week!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooh, a week alone sounds nice!

I guess you did get roped into more time at work! :)