The Edgmon Gang

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Recap of our week and a Prayer Request!

We all had a great week doing different things! Jacob and Luke loved spending the week with my parents. They went to the Sesser Homecoming Parade, went to the park for the Sesser Homecoming Carnival they have in town, swam in a little wading pool they bought for them, went to work with my mom, ran errands and visited people with my Dad and just spent time hanging out with my parents make memories. We talked to them last Sunday and then didn't talk to them again until we meet them in Kentucky to come home. My mom said they told her they weren't ready to come home!

Kylee and Noah had a great time at church camp. Noah came home with less t-shirts, only 3 socks that don't even match, more freckles from being in the sun more and ready to go back to camp for another week. This week is their combonation week at camp so he wanted to go again. But instead he went to Illinois with my parents when we picked up Jacob and Luke. He was excited about spending the week with them. Kylee ended up leaving some clothes but they found them and sent them home with a guy from our church. She also lost her camera but at least it was a disposable one. They are looking for it so maybe they will find it. She enjoyed her week and made some new friends. She will be going to Illinois next week with my parents.

Jeff and I enjoyed our week home alone. We cleaned out Kylee's room and re-arranged it. She is wanting to change it to look more grown up. We ended up taking down some of the little girl stuff and putting some new things on the walls. She does not do good about keeping her room clean so until she can consistantly keep it clean we aren't going to re-decorate! We also got the boys room cleaned out and made some decisions on decorations for their room. We haven't done anything to it since we moved so is time we decorate it! Then we spent the rest of the week at the church painting our Sunday School room. We painted the walls yellow and then have a teal color to paint the trim. The girls in the class picked out the colors. We are turning it into a teen room that they can hang out in also. We had a air hockey table donated by a friend of Jeff's and then a guy at church is donating a ping pong table. We are in the process of coming up with a name for the room and the youth group. We still have the trim to finish and then find some couches and artwork for the room. We enjoyed the week spending some time together. It was nice being able to go out to eat and actually have a conversation with each other. But I did miss the kids and glad they are back home.

I am still working on the VBS pictures. I have had some problems with the program I use for editing being compatible with Windows Vista. I am still looking into the best solution for that. I will post a link to our church website as soon as I have them on there. I have been so busy I don't know when the last time is that I worked on any scrapbook pages. I am hoping to work on some very soon. I do have some pictures from the rodeo last week that I will share with you.

Now to our prayer request! This has really hit me hard and I wanted to share it with you. Jeff works with a lady that has a 10 year old girl. The last several weeks the daughter has stumbled a lot when walking and had some really bad headaches. She just hasn't been herself. Last week they did a MRI at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and found out that she has two brain tumors that can not be operated on. They are starting treatments but have given her only 12-18 months. Of course the little girl is so scared as is the rest of her family. When you hear something like this it really makes you thankful for the time that you have with your children right now. You never know when God has a different plan and things can change drastically. Kylee is 10 years old so it has really got me thinking about her life this week and the time that we spend with her and the boys. Please say a prayer when you think about it for this girl and her family. From what the doctors have told them, there isn't much that can help her. But we all know that there is one true physician, God, that can completely take the cancer away if it is His will! Also, be sure and give your kids an extra hug and cherish the time you have with them.

0 comments: