The Edgmon Gang

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Start of Summer!!!

The summer officially started today for our family. Yesterday was the kids last day of school so we now officially have kids in 5th grade, 3rd grade and 1st grade. I can not believe that Kylee is a 5th grader now. She is getting so big. We got all of their report cards in the mail today and we are so proud of them. Kylee struggled some the middle of the year but she has done a great job of bringing her grades up the last two nine weeks. This time she had all A's and B's. Now if we can just keep her from getting strep all the time next year so she doesn't miss so much school she will be doing great. Noah once again had all A's. We are so proud of him this year. He was one of the very few in his class that had all A's the entire year. He is a very smart yet mischevious boy!! Jacob passed all of the requirements needed in Kindergarten and even has a head start on some of his readiness words for 1st grade. His speech teacher also gave him a great report and said that she can see or hear improvement in his speech. He has loved being in school and we are very proud of him also. Luke also finished up school this week and had a great year. We are trying to get him in the Head Start program here in Dickson for next year. So hopefully that will work out and he will be on the same schedule as the other kids.

With the start of summer comes trying to juggle my schedule around at work and have some one watch the kids. I am so thankful for Jeff's sister, Lisa, and younger brother, Ben. They have both said they would help us out by each watching them 1 day a week. There may be a few weeks that I need to go in the office one more day so I will need to have someone babysit. But I think I have found someone that can help with that. Last night we could tell that we have a pre-teen girl in the house because she was on the phone several times with one of her good friends from school. She ended up making plans with her and I took her over there this morning. The boys were a little upset that she got to do something today and they didn't. So after we dropped her off we went and cleaned out the card and I told them if they helped I would take them to McDonald's for lunch. We ended up getting McDonald's and going to the park for a while. I also explained that not everyone get's to do something special all the time!

Tonight we are having an End of School party at the church. We are grilling hot dogs, playing games and then will be watching a movie outside. We are hanging a sheet on the side of the church and projecting a movie on it. We have passed out flyers and are hoping to have some kids from the community. We put on the flyer that is was like going to the drive-in. We will also have popcorn, of course, during the movie and sno cones. Our kids are excited about it and I am sure it will be a fun night.

Kylee is coming with her friend and then she is going to spend the night with her tonight. So she is very excited about it all. Tomorrow Jeff will get some time with just the boys until Kylee gets home. I have a wedding to photograph tomorrow that is about 1 1/2 hours away so I will be gone most of the day. I am very excited about it because I have not done very many weddings so this gives me a chance to get some more experience in. I am doing it for a student from the Bible College.

Well, that pretty much sums up what all is going one here. In between everything we are trying to get ready for VBS. It is June 9th - 13th. Only 1 week away!!! Jeff and I are in charge and I am starting to get stressed. But I think everything will come together as always and it will be a great week.

It is time to head to the church so I will try and post some pictures soon. Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

1 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Angie. It's Barbara Roehl Roberts. I just happened upon your blog. My sister Pam adopted a little girl from China. One of her travel mates had visited the Lewis blog after they got Rory, so I visited it. I'm in love with Rory now. What big beautiful eyes she has. Anyway, while I was checking out their blog today, I saw Edgmon and thought, I wonder if that's some of the Bible College Edgmon's. Sure enough I saw your picture and recognized you right away. You haven't changed a bit. Jeff's changed a little.

James and I are living in Saint Charles, MO. He is an airline pilot and I just retired from teaching. I'm going into real estate this summer. We have two boys, Austin 11 and Dylan 10. After reading other people's blogs, I decided to start my own. It's redsflyhigh.blogspot.com.

How are Anthony and Lisa doing? Is Anthony in Spain now? For some reason I'm thinking I saw he was in Spain on facebook.