The next afternoon we went to the park and let the kids play in the creek. They were so excited and we had so much fun. The weather was beautiful. It had been a long time since I waded in a creek so I got out there with them. It was a little cold, but we still enjoyed the time together. I have not had a chance to do anything with the pictures from that day but will do that soon and post a few of them.
Last week was hectic but just everyday things going on. I had some pictures to finish editing for a session and my computer is going crazy which makes it take forever to edit a picture. I really do not like Windows Vista!!! Our computer is only a year old and we have had problems for almost the whole year because of Vista. It is always freezing up or shutting down. I am ready to buy a Mac but it looks like it will be awhile before that happens.
This past weekend we went to a wedding of one of the girls I work with. It was such a beautiful outside wedding! She wanted a photo guestbook and asked me to take pictures for that. Every family/couple had a page to sign and then I took their picture. She is going to mount the pictures on the page and then have them bound to make her guestbook. I had never seen anyone do this but I think it is a really neat idea.
Sunday was an exciting day for us. Our Pastor was on vacation and asked Jeff to fill in for him. He was very nervous Sunday morning because he had only preached one other time in his life. That was in Texas when we went to a very small church. He did a great job and I am so proud of him. I knew that he could do it! He also spoke Sunday evening but it was more laid back and he got a little creative. He did some object lessons and a couple of magic tricks. That was more what he accustomed to doing and he did a great job. I love seeing how God can use him and stretch him out of his comfort zone!
Monday for Memorial Day I had to work, but they let us leave after lunch. I had dropped the kids and Jeff off at his parents house that morning. His parents are in Spain but he went over there to work in the yard because the grass had gotten extremely high!! So he got his younger brother and the kids out there and they mowed the yard and worked in the flower beds. Noah was so excited because he got to mow part of the yard for Papa. This was his first time to mow! Then that afternoon we grilled out some chicken and steak that were delicious! On our way home we drove through the Veterans Cemetery and talked with the kids about Memorial Day. I think it helped them to understand better what the day is all about. We are very grateful for all those that have served our country and that are now serving!
I am posting a couple of pictures from our trip to the zoo last month. I have never gotten around to scraping a page so thought I would just post the pictures. Hope you enjoy!




1 comments:
Wow! It sounds like life has been crazy and busy for you all! Glad to hear how well Jeff did on Sunday. I am not surprised! I look forward to seeing more pictures over the summer!!
Post a Comment