We left the fairgrounds and went home to have Jacob's birthday party with all of our family. Jacob loves bugs of all kinds so he decided on a bug theme this year. We got the cake from Wal-Mart and it turned out really cute. I added a few more bugs to it. He had a great time eating cake and of course opening presents. I can not believe that he is 6 years old now. The years just go by way too fast. He is such a sweet little boy. He has done great this year in Kindergarten and loves school. He has turned out to be a very tender hearted boy and is always thinking about others. He loves to give everyone a hug when he sees them or is leaving. He is very affectionate. He is going to make a great husband to a very lucky girl when he gets older.
Saturday night Noah ended up sick. He was just really tired and running a fever so we didn't think a lot about it. But the fever would only go away when we gave him Tylenol and then come back once that had worn off. This went on until Tuesday. So I ended up working from home Monday and Tuesday, but once again I am very thankful that I work for a great place and they allow me to work from home. It just seems like if someone is going to get sick it is going to be the days I go into the office instead of the days I am already working from home. This was a crazy week at work so not the ideal time for me to be home but they made it through it. We did lots of emailing back and forth. It was the last week of school at the college so we were dealing with all of those who had not finished their financial aid or had not paid all of their school bill. It is s very stressful time for our office and I am so glad that graduation was yesterday and that is all behind us. Now we can concentrate more on next years aid!
Wednesday morning Luke and I finished cleaning off our balconey and then planting some flowers. I have been wanting to clean it all off and get some chairs and flowers. So Tuesday evening we went looking for stuff and ended up getting two chairs and a small side table. Then we also got a plant stand and several flowers. This is what Jeff got me for Mother's Day. It looks great out there and now I can enjoy sitting out there in the mornings and drink a cup of coffee after I get the kids to school. They have also enjoyed playing out there some.
Thursday night Jeff was in the Dickson Community Choir and Chamber Singers concert. Scott and Lisa picked him up and dropped Logan off for me to watch. They had to be there early and then I later loaded all five kids up in the van and headed off to the concert. We had a buddy system and made sure everyone held someone's had and made it into the Renaissance Center. Once we got in there we all had to stand in line to purchase tickets. Thankfully the line wasn't very long!! Then we go find our seats and of course they are in the middle of the row so we all had to climb over everyone to get there. We only had a few minutes before the concert started because I didn't want to have a lot of time that I had to entertain. Luke started out not being still and not listening to me very well. But he didn't take a nap that day so after being still for a few minutes he fell asleep and then I was able to enjoy the rest of the concert. The others were good for the most of the time. I had to get onto them some but they did great sitting there for 1 1/2 hours!
I think that pretty much sums up the past week for our family. I really am trying to do better at keep the blog updated. It just seems like other things get in the way! Imagine that with 4 kids and a husband to take care of!!! At least there is never a dull moment in our house. We did take Jasmine for her 2nd round of shots today and she now weighs 2.4 lbs. She is doing great and is such a sweet little puppy.
One more thing before I leave. Here is a Luke story for you. This morning the kids were playing out on the deck. I was taking a shower and Jeff was checking some things on the computer. When I came out of the bathroom Luke was getting in trouble. Jeff stopped and said "Do you know what Kylee told me?" I told him there was no telling since it involved Luke. He said they were playing and Luke told Kylee he was going to pee off the balconey (we live on the 2nd floor of the apartment building). She told him he better not but he went ahead and pulled down his shorts and underwear and did it. He got in trouble but after he left our room we both laughed and I told Jeff he is such a little boy and that is probably something Jeff would have done when he was four. Thankfully none of the neighbors were outside!!! We had to get onto the other boys around the same age for the same thing. I guess it's just a boy thing!!
Here are a couple of pictures from the past week. Enjoy!! OK, blogger is not letting me upload any more pictures so I will have to post a picture of Jacob's birthday later.


0 comments:
Post a Comment