The Edgmon Gang

Thursday, May 01, 2008

New Addition to our Family!

This past weekend we suprised the kids with a new addition to our family. Last Friday night Jeff talked me into getting a puppy. He had gone to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and there are always several people selling animals in the parking lot. He had talked with this same guy last fall and stopped to talk to him and see what he had that night. Well, Jeff fell in love with the runt of the litter. She is a 7 week old Chug (Chihuahua and Pug cross). So he called me and I then started looking on the internet about that cross bred. He then came on home to try and talk me into it. After about an hour I finally gave in to him and while the kids were eating he left to go get her. When he got home I had the kids go into the boys room while we put a blanket down in the living room for Jeff and the new puppy to sit on. Then after I had my camera ready we had them come in. They were so excited. They have all been asking to get a dog for a long time. After playing with her a little while we all started discussing what to name her. Several names were suggested by everyone and we ended up naming her Jasmine. She is such a sweet little puppy. Chugs will usually be 8 - 10 lbs. That had a lot to do with my decision to let Jeff get her. Of course, Jeff is also very excited to have a dog again!

Saturday morning Jeff and Noah went turkey hunting with a guy from church. They left the house around 5:30 a.m. It had rained on Friday and some overnight so it was pretty wet outside and still a little cloudy. The were out for about 3 hours and didn't see a single turkey. But they did find lots of other critters like turtles and snakes. They still had a great time and he is talking about going again and then going deer hunting this next winter.

After they got home and cleaned up we all loaded up and went to Nashville because I had a photo shoot for some friends of ours. There is a preview up on my photography blog if you are interested. Jeff and the kids went over to his parents house after we got things set up for the shoot. Once I finished that up we went in to Bellevue to Petco to pick up somethings we needed for Jasmine. It ended up being the day that they have a vet there and we were able to get her first set of shots for about half the price. They weighed her and she was 1.4 lbs. Such a little thing!!!

The rest of the weekend was church and just getting use to having a new puppy in the house. The kids have enjoyed her but they have also fought over her a lot. If one holds her longer or plays with her longer the others are very quick to point that out. Hopefully the newness will wear off soon. I am sure there will be a scrapbook layout soon with some of the pictures from Friday night but I wanted to go ahead and post some of them. I took one that night of her laying next to my cell phone to show just how small she is. Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Awww...cute! And TINY! That little puppy will not lack for attention with 4 kids in the house. :)

Melissa said...

Okay, that is one cute puppy! I'm such a sucker for puppies, but then hate them when they get older. I bet the kids are going to LOVE her!