I am so glad that it is Friday! This has been a long week especially when you have a sick one at home. Kylee is great when she is sick. She usually will just lay on the couch or her bed. The problem is Luke! She wants him to leave her alone which I completely understand, but he doesn't. So I am constantly getting onto him for bothering Kylee. He thinks since she is home she should be able to play with him. She tried going back to school yesterday but just couldn't make it. It usually takes her several days to start feeling better. She seemed to be feeling much better today so hopefully she will have a good day.
Luke comes up with some random thoughts all the time. Usually when he is trying to tell you a story or anything else you have to make him slow down because he gets excited and you can't understand him. We get so tickled at him sometimes. Wednesday night on the way to church he was trying to get Jeff's attention. When Jeff finally said "What?". Luke said "Daddy, when we chew gum it gets all the juice out of the gum!" He was so excited about this and then went on to talking about something completely different. You never know what he is going to come up with!
We have a busy weekend but I am looking forward to it. Jeff will be gone tonight to a Men's Retreat that he has been helping to plan for our church. He is really excited about it. This is the first one they have had and I think they have 23 men signed up to go. It only goes through lunch tomorrow but I think it will be a great time for them. He is excited about the speaker, Bro. Steve Phillips. Bro. Steve is a great guy and he means a lot to us. He was the youth pastor at Cross Timbers for several years while we were there. He is now pastoring a church in Dover, TN. He was very influential in Jeff's decision to go back to school and finish his degree. He and his wife, Vickie, have been a great encouragement to us throughout our marriage.
The kids and I will be on our own tonight. I am sure they will want to stay up late eating popcorn and watching movies. That is usually what they look forward to doing on Friday night if possible. I will probably try to get some scrapbooking in while they watch movies. Then tomorrow we are picking Jeff up from the retreat and then heading to Clarksville to meet my parents for a late lunch. We are meeting them for my birthday and also because we haven't seen them since the beginning of January. The kids are so excited to see them. Usually we see them more often because of birthdays but things came up where they couldn't come or we couldn't meet up with them. We won't get to spend much time with them but it will be good to see them.
I don't have any layouts here with me to share but I will try to put some on tonight. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment