The Edgmon Gang

Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring is finally here!!

Well, I think spring has finally arrived. I am really hoping that we don't have any more cold fronts come through. Yesterday was such a beautiful day and it is suppose to be a high of 78 today. I love spring time and seeing all the flowers bloom. It is such a beautiful time of the year. We had a busy, but fun weekend. Friday night we had family night and of course the kids wanted to go out for pizza. We went to a new place in town that has only been opened for a couple of weeks. It is call Snappy's Pizza and we love their pizza. This is a family owned place and it was really good. I would much rather support them if the food is good than give my money to chain restaurants. We had planned to take the kids to a new pottery place in town but they closed at 6 pm so we didn't make it there. We are going to have to plan that for another time. So since it was pouring down rain we ended up getting a movie and heading home. We watched "Enchanted". It was a cute movie and the kids liked it, especially Kylee!

Saturday ended up being a busy day. I had a photo shoot with my friend Melissa's little girl, Rory. We did her 18 month pictures in Nashville at the park. It ended up being a beautiful morning, but just as we were finishing up the clouds started coming in and then it rained for a little while. Rory is such a beautiful little girl. They adopted her from Korea and have only had her home for about 6 or 7 weeks. I think that we got some good pictures. I have glanced through them but have not started editing yet. That is on my list to start tonight. Hopefully I will have a little preview in the next day or two. I ran a couple of errands after the photo shoot and then got home just in time to change and go to a wedding at church. One of the ladies that works a lot with the youth and is Noah and Jacob's Sunday School teacher got married. We made there just a few minutes before the wedding started. Then we left there and ran by Wal-Mart to pick up stuff to make a dessert because we were going to Jeff's sister's house for supper that night. We ended up being about 30 minutes late but Scott was still grilling the steaks so at least they weren't waiting on us to eat. We had a nice evening with them and some friends of ours. I think that was the first time all day that I really had a chance to just sit down and relax!

Then Sunday was church, youth workers meeting and Bible memorization with the kids on Sunday night. I am now behind on my laundry and housework but that is ok. We had a good week and that is what counts. Although I get a little overwhelmed and stressed when I get behind on that so hopefully I will get caught up some tonight after bible study. Well, I don'r really ever get caught up on the laundry with 6 in the family!!

Noah is very excited about this weekend. Jeff and a guy at church are taking him hunting for the very first time. They are going turkey hunting. That is all he has talked about since he found out yesterday. He was even talking about it this morning on the way to school. Jeff doesn't have a hunting license yet but I think he is going to wait and let this weekend just be about Noah. I told him that was fine because he needed to have the camera in his hands taking pictures instead of worrying about firing a gun. Of course Jacob is also wanting to go but we told him he isn't old enough so he is a little disappointed. Jeff will have to take him fishing or something that he can do now.

I don't have any layouts with me to post but I will try to get some posted tonight after Bible study. I did a few Thursday and Friday night and I think I have a few from earlier that I haven't put on here yet. Hope you all have a great Monday!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! It sounds as though life has been very busy for y'all! Glad to hear things are good!

Amanda said...

I soooo know how you fel on the laundry thing. I feel like I am being eaten alive in laundry. Actually I feel that way about my whole house right now. Sounds like you have been busy.
I got your message on the machine yesterday. Sorry I missed your call. Saturday morning looks good for us, I think. Give me a call and we can talk about times! Thanks