The Edgmon Gang

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spring Break!

The kids got an early start to their spring break on Friday. We woke up with rain and the forecast of sleet/snow starting in the early afternoon so Dickson County decided to take a snow day. Kylee was very disappointed because she was looking forward to going back to school after being out with strep. They were also going on a field trip but hopefully that will be re-scheduled for after spring break. Nothing happened with the weather until about 5pm that evening. Then all of a sudden it started snowing and sleeting. I had run to Wal-Mart and Jeff called to let me know that it had started and the parking lot at the apartment was already covered. He said he didn't want to me just take my time since this was my first time out in a couple of days. So I got what we needed and headed back home. We had planned on going to Creekwood High School to watch "Beauty and the Beast" by their drama department. But they ended up rescheduling it for later because of the weather so we just stayed home and enjoyed some family time. It was nice to be inside warm and watching the snow come down.

Saturday morning we got up to about 4-5" of snow on the ground. The kids couldn't wait to get out there and play. We all got bundled up and headed out to play in the snow. We had been waiting all winter for a good snow fall to play in. I thought we were just out of luck for this year. Who would have thought we would get that much snow in March. The weather has been so crazy the last few weeks. One day it is in the 60's or 70's and then the next day back down in the 30's. We spent and hour or so playing (well, the kids and Jeff played and I took pictures). Jeff kept reminding the kids that I had the camera in my hands and not to throw a snowball at it. I haven't downloaded the pictures yet but will get them done soon and post some on here. We spent the rest of the day inside playing and spending time together.

We had planned to meet my parents in Clarksville Saturday for my Dad's birthday and to celebrate Luke's birthday from back in February. But decided because of the weather not to chance driving there. The kids were disappointed but at the same time excited that they could go out and play in the snow. So now we are going to have to try and find another weekend that neither of us have something going on so we can meet up with them.

I want to say a Belated Happy Birthday to my Dad! He plays such an important role in my life. He has taught me so many things in my life and I would not be who I am and where I am in my life today without my Dad and my Mom. So I just want to list a few things that I love about my Dad or things he has taught me in my life:

1. He taught me to put God first in all I do and to love Him with all my heart.
2. He taught me to do the best I can at everything I do.
3. He has always been there for me no matter what.
4. I have never doubted his love for me.
5. Growing up he showed me how a marriage should be and how to treat your spouse. I never worried that he would ever leave my mom. In today's society I know that is something that a lot of kids worry about!
6. He made sure that my sister and I had everything we needed but not always everything we wanted. He taught us that we have to work for things and to always be hard workers. I didn't appreciate that much growing up but I do now and try to teach my kids the same thing.
7. I loved going out on Daddy/daughter dates with him. That was my time with him that we got to go eat wherever I wanted and I had his complete attention. This is something Jeff and I now try to do with our kids.
8. He is a wonderful grandpa to my kids. I love watching him with them and they love spending time with him.

That is just a few, there are many, many more but this post is already getting too long! Happy Birthday Daddy! Thank you for all you have done for me and my family. You are the greatest Dad I could ever have and I am so glad that God gave me to you. I love you!!!

Also, Happy Anniversary to my parents! They were married on my Dad's birthday. Their marriage has been a great example to me growing up and to Jeff and I now. I love you both!!

Here is a layout I did with pictures of celebrating his birthday last year:

0 comments: