The Edgmon Gang

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thankful!

This week has reminded me of how thankful I am for God's protection. Tuesday night was a very scary night here in Tennessee! After we got everyone in bed and Jeff had fallen asleep I stayed up working and watching the weather. The storms that were headed our way had caused a lot of damage along the way so I wanted to be ready to get everyone in a safe place if needed. A few minutes after midnight they were telling people in our town to take cover because it was just about here. So I got everyone up and into the kids bathroom which is in the middle of the apartment and not on an outside wall. I continued to watch the news and look outside but thankfully nothing ever touched down here. Once they said it was all clear we got everyone back in bed. Kylee had not ever gone to sleep so I assured her that they said we were fine and it was just rain and some thunder at that point. She really has a hard time when it is storming. Our prayers got out to the ones hit by the storms. I can't even imagine what they are going through, especially those who have lost loved ones.

Other than the stormy night, we have had a pretty good week compared to last week. Monday night we started a weekly women's bible study at our church. I am leading in a study on prayer. I have been part of many bible studies but this is a new adventure for me to lead one. But I really feel like this is something that God wants me to do. We had a total of 7 women there and some others that we think are planning to come.

We were planning to have Luke's 4th birthday party this weekend (a week early) because it was the only time my parents could come. But we have had to cancel that due to the fact that my Dad had a death in the church and will be helping with the funeral. So we will have his party next weekend which is actually his birthday. So I guess we have a quiet weekend ahead of us. Hopefully we will be able to get somethings done around the house.

I haven't had much of a chance to scrap any pages this week. Last week I wrote about having some time to myself Friday night to scrap while Jeff and the kids watched a movie. Well, that did not happen. He ended up renting a movie that I wanted to see so I watched it with them. We watched "Game Plan." If you have not seen it I highly recommend it. I don't remember any bad language. It is about a football player and his daughter that he didn't know he had. It is really good.

Anyway, I do have a few pages to share from last week. I am going to share two of Kylee. I also have some of each boy but I will save those for other days. I am so proud of the young lady that Kylee is becoming. She is such a sweet, beautiful girl. She is so much help around the house and with the boys (sometimes maybe too much with the boys). She likes to be a little mother to them. The pictures are some we took back in September at Montgomery Bell State Park.




1 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you guys are ok! The pages are really cute also.