The Edgmon Gang

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow Day!

Well, it is now actually February 14th but I am going to blog about the 13th. We woke up to a snow day this morning. There was just ice when I got up with Jeff to fix his lunch for him and get him off to work. I then went back to bed and when the kids woke up we discovered it had been snowing. We didn't get much snow, but did have enough for the kids to go out and play in it for a while. They were so excited to get out in it. Kylee was feeling much better so she was able to join the boys. After playing for about 30-40 minutes they were ready to come in for some hot chocolate. I got some pictures so I am sure you will see them soon in a layout.

Today was a rough day with the kids home. As usually there was lots of fighting amoung them and then Luke would not go to sleep again for his nap. I was ready for Jeff to get home from work this afternoon. Then when we get to church tonight we find out that Dickson County schools are closed Thursday and Friday because of the flu. So the kids do not go back to school until next Tuesday because they have Monday off for President's Day. I was not excited to hear that news, but of course the kids were excited. That is until they realized they won't be having their Valentine's Party tomorrow. We are going to have to find somethings to do over the next couple of days to keep everyone from getting bored. If you have any wonderful ideas please let me know!!

I have a couple of layouts of Luke to share today. He will be four on Sunday and can be such a sweet little boy. But of course there is that other side of him. One minute he can be giving away hugs and kisses and then the next he becomes a little terror. He tries to reason about everything in order to get his way. Lately he will not stay out of Kylee's room when she is gone to school. So once she gets home she finds where he has been into her stuff and is very upset with him. He has become my little snugglebug in the mornings that we are at home. After we take the kids to school we will usually come home and while he watches Go Diego Go we will snuggle either on the couch or in our bed, especially on the really cold mornings. Then we get up and I start working while he plays for awhile. I know that God has big and exciting plans for him as he grows up!



1 comments:

Heidi said...

Hmmm...activities for the kids. How about having them write a 500 word essay titled, "Why my mom is the best in the world!". Or better yet, use this topic, "Fighting with siblings: Why I won't do it"! Surely that will do the trick. :)