The Edgmon Gang

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Busy, but Normal Week!

I have not done very good this week keeping up with my blog. We had a pretty busy week. Not a lot of exciting things, just the every week commitments that we have. Women's bible study and volleyball for me, church, community choir rehearsal for Jeff and keeping up with the kids for both of us. Friday night we went to the church to help get ready for our upcoming Easter Egg hunt. The church sponsors a easter egg hunt at our church for the community. Last year they had 175 kids there and we have set a goal for at least 200 kids this year. Friday night several of the families from the church got together to help stuff easter eggs with candy. We ended up stuffing about 7,000 eggs within just a few hours. We have ordered another 3,000 that will already be stuffed and then we have 2,000 more to stuff. 12,000 total eggs!!! That is a bunch of easter eggs. I think this is a wonderful opportunity for the church to reach out to the community. The kids are all excited about finding all those eggs!

Saturday was a nice day for me. We slept in a little, did some laundry and then Jeff and the kids went grocery shopping. So that means I had some quiet time to myself! Jeff is so good to take all the kids grocery shopping by himself so that I can have a couple hours to myself. Such a good husband and daddy!!! I ended up spending some time looking at digital scrapbooking stuff and spending a little money on some new things that were just released. Then Jeff came home and made a wonderful meal of baked chicken, vegetables, bread and fruit for us and I didn't have to do anything! Like I said he is a great husband!! He is so good to me and I just wanted to brag on him a little.

Saturday night I was able to scrap a layout of Luke that I have been wanting to get done but just didn't have exactly the right kit for it. That is until Saturday when I saw this new kit at Sweet Shoppe Designs. I love all of their stuff. They have some wonderful designers! I used the new Cause and Effect kit and thought it was perfect for the pictures of Luke from last year. The pictures were actually taken on his birthday and he was being very silly. He came in my room with a pair of his underwear on his head. He thought he was the funniest thing! (just so you know, they were clean!) Of course I had to take a couple of pictures.

Hope you all have a great week. I will try to do better this week on keeping up with the blog!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute layout! I have that kit marked to get on my list when I get my 40% coupon. The kit goes great with the theme of your layout. It is wonderful how Jeff takes all the kids shopping with him. I am glad you got to have a few hours to yourself. We all need that don't we. We would love to get together sometime with you guys. I can't believe we were that close to you guys. We had a lot of fun!Good luck with the Easter egg hunt. Sounds like fun and a lot of eggs!