The Edgmon Gang

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yay! We Have Snow!!!

We finally got some snow!! I love snow and Jeff can't stand it, but he did admit it was very beautiful! Every winter I wait for some snow and we rarely get any. It seems like every time the they predict any snow they are wrong. So this week when they started predicting that we would get 3-4 inches we weren't convinced it would happen but it did. I got up Friday morning and was disappointed because there was nothing happening so I started getting ready for work. The kids were already out of school. They called a snow day for the county on Thursday night. They were now saying that the snow and ice would start around noon so I decided to go ahead and go into the college to work until noon then come home. As I was leaving it started a mixture of snow and sleet but I went ahead on into Nashville. It just kept coming down. I walked into the college and they were all surprised to see me. They had already told everyone that if they needed to go ahead and go home they could and that they were closing down the offices at noon. So I did a couple of things and headed back home. I first made a stop at Target to see if they had any sleds and to grab some Starbucks. No luck on the sled. Traffic was starting to get crazy. People in Nashville do not know how to drive on stuff like this. They were just doing crazy stuff and sliding all over the place. So I decided to go ahead and head home before someone hit me. The roads really were not that bad as long as you used common sense and took it a little slower. I made it to Dickson and made one more stop at Wal-Mart for a few last minute things. We have plenty of food for the weekend and don't plan on getting out unless we have to and then for church on Sunday.

Right now I am sitting on the couch, drinking some coffee & looking out at the snow while I type. The house is very quiet which is an unusual thing around here. It is a little almost 9:30 am and everyone else is still sleeping. We let the kids stay up late last night so I guess they were really tired.

The kids couldn't wait to go out and play yesterday. I was the mean momma and used this as an opportunity to get some cleaning done. I told them they couldn't go out until their rooms were clean. They worked hard and got them clean and then went out for a little while. We are all planning on going out today and playing and getting some pictures. I also worked on cleaning and got the rest of the house clean. It feels so good to look around and know that everything is clean for now and I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. Now if I can just get our laundry caught up!

The one disappointing thing about the snow is that we had to cancel our Teacher Training Seminar and Appreciation Luncheon today at church. We have been planning this and everyone was very excited about it. Everyone but two people involved with any teaching aspect in the church was going to be able to be there. A good friend of ours, Barry Raper, was going to be our speaker. He teaches at the collage and pastors a church in the Ashland City area. Jeff had him for a lot of his classes at the college. He is a great guy and we were excited about having him and hearing what all he had to say about Christian Education in the church. We are going to reschedule as soon as we can.

I am going to enjoy the quiet and read for a little while. Hope everyone has a great weekend. If you have snow enjoy it and be careful. Hopefully I will have some snow pictures later today to post!

0 comments: