I am so glad that Fall has finally arrived here in Tennessee. I love this time of year. The beautiful colors and the cooler days. God's creation is so beautiful!!
We made it through the two weeks of fall break. There were days that I was beginning to wonder if we would make it but we did. The kids were ready to go back to school and I was ready for them to go! Two weeks is just the right amount of time to give them a good break from everything. We didn't really get to do anything special on their break. Just the normal everyday things.
This past weekend was pretty busy. Friday night Jeff, Kylee and Noah went over to help Lisa, Jeff's sister, get things ready for a yard sale. They just moved and she had a ton of things she had left at their old house to sale in a yard sale. We added what we had left from our yard sale earlier this month plus some more things we went through last week. They ended up being their until about 2:00am Saturday morning trying to get things ready. Kylee and Noah helped but eventually went and laid down in the van and went to sleep. I didn't realize they would be there that long or I would have had them just stay home with me. Jacob and Luke stayed with me and watched a movie and played PS2 for awhile. Then they got in bed with me to watch TV and fall asleep. I didn't get much sleep with both of them in my bed!
Saturday morning Jeff got up really early to go back over for the yard sale. I had a photo shoot with a mom and her daughter in Nashville that morning. Jeff's Dad came over and watched the kids all day for us. He was so much help. His mom was able to help with the yard sale. I was able to go do the photo shoot and then made a few stops in Nashville on my way back to help clean up from the yard sale. It was nice to be able to go into Target without any kids and just look around. It had been awhile since I have done that. After we got things packed up that didn't sale, we took a van load to Goodwill then came home and Jeff's Dad had supper cooked for all of us. The kids loved spending the day with their Papa and it was nice to not have to worry about them. He took them to Wal-Mart to eat breakfast at McDonald's and then took them shopping.
The weather was so nice Sunday so we decided to take Kylee to downtown Dickson and take some pictures. We need new pictures of all the kids but the boys needed a haircut and we didn't really have time to do that first. So we just did Kylee's that afternoon after church. I don't have them edited yet, so be on the lookout because I will post some on here soon. We are going to take our family pictures either this weekend or next. I want to get them in while the trees are changing se we can get some fall colors!
The kids started back to school on Monday. Then on Tuesday Jacob was home sick. He got sick in the middle of the night Monday night. It was not pleasant and we ended up having to make pallets in the living room for the boys to sleep the rest of the night. Kylee ended up coming home from school early yesterday and is home today. She is having throat problems again. She seems to be feeling a little better so should be going back to school tomorrow. The Bible College is on fall break starting this afternoon so I have at couple of days off. I am looking forward to getting some things done around the house and maybe meeting up with a friend.
Hope you are all enjoying the fall weather. Be sure and check out my photography blog for a sneek peek of my photo shoot from this past weekend!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment