Jeff just finished writing this blog for his myspace page and said I could post it on our family blog. Enjoy!
Praise the Lord! I want to praise God for what He has done for our family.
My 5 (almost 6) year old son, Jacob, just made the most important decision he will ever make right here in our bedroom. He asked Jesus to forgive him, to come into his heart and wash his sins away. He had been curious for a while now and had asked many questions. Today after sitting on our bed for about 15 minutes and talking about what it means to be a Christian and reading some verses of scripture, we felt our little boy really understands what he needed to do and why. He is such a sweet little boy and my wife and I sat there and cried (tears of joy, of course). This had been a tough week for our family. My Papa passed away on Monday and we went to Arkansas to be with the family. The funeral was very sweet and was more of a celebration of his life than it was a grieving of his death. My Papa was probably one of the most Christ-like men I have ever known. He leaves behind a wonderful legacy of faith. All four of his children and their spouses are Christians serving God in various places and all of his 16 grandkids (including spouses) are also saved and serving Christ in different ministries and places. I think this week helped Jacob understand the meaning of living for God. He asked several more questions about Heaven when he saw Pa in the casket. He understood that he was not there anymore but was in a much better place. Although we are sad to not have Papa with us anymore, we rejoice in the fact that through his life, ministry and even his death, Pa has helped a little one come to Christ. I know he would be happy and excited. We called my mom to share the good news and Jacob told her "Now, I get to see Pa when I go to Heaven!" We are so proud of Jacob and we pray that God uses him to change the world! We know our God is awesome when we see Faith through the eyes of a child!
Matthew 19:14 - "Jesus said, let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I found your blog too now! What a wonderful thing about Jacob. Isn't that what it is all about.
Praise Jesus! That's wonderful news and we rejoice with you. :)
I am rejoicing with you over Jacob. What a wonderful time for you guys.
Praise the Lord!
Grreat News about Jacob.
Praying for your family.
Uncle Donnie
Post a Comment