I was recently introduced to a brand new song by Mandisa titled "Stronger". I love the song and have made it my theme song for 2011. The song talks about how all that we go through God is with us the whole way and we will come out stronger in the end. It really hits home with a lot that is going on with us right now. So no matter what we face this year as a family, in the end God will bring us through it and we will be stronger!!! The single was just released yesterday on Itunes and you can hear it on facebook on Mandisa's page.
I first heard the song on a "Made to Crave" webcast that I have been watching each week. If you are not familiar with "Made to Crave" you can check it out here on their website. This is a book written by Lysa Terkeurst about how God made us to crave Him, not food. For the last 6 weeks she has had a weekly webcast on Monday nights that I have watched and learned so much. Jeff and I both struggle with our weight and made a decision this year that we are going to make lots of changes in our family concerning food. Our kids are starting to struggle with it also and I don't want them to deal with this all their life like I have. We have made lots of changes about the kind of food we bring into the house and we are all loving our choice to eat healthy. This is an investment that is not just for myself but also for my husband, kids and future grandkids, etc. And most importantly for God. This book has really made me re-think a lot about how I feel about myself and how God views me and how I view food. I am one who turns to food for so many different reasons. When I'm stressed, happy, sad, and just about any other emotion we have. I turn to food during those times when instead I should turn to God. Lysa is doing a 21 day challenge on her website. She is sending out a daily devotion that you can sign-up for. I'm looking forward to all that God has in store for our family during this journey!
I've been meaning to update the blog with how things are going with everything. The first Sunday that we went to United, Kylee was very nervous and just not wanting to go. When she walked into her Sunday School class she discovered that there were 3 girls that she knew from church camp. As soon as she realized that she was fine. This has been a huge praise item!! The kids have adjusted well and really like the church. Jeff has been subbing in Dickson county and seems to enjoy it.
I am home today with 2 sick kids. Jacob was sick over the weekend with a high fever and felt awful. Then Noah has been sick since Monday and Luke started getting sick late Monday night and is still sick. I was home yesterday also, so I changed sheets on beds, sprayed everything down with Lysol and cleaned everything trying to get rid of these germs. I'm praying everyone will start feeling better soon! I'm just thankful that I am able to work from home when things like this happen. Jeff didn't get called in to sub on Monday so he was able to keep Noah.
I hope that everyone is enjoying this spring weather we are having. I hope that it sticks around but I'm not getting my hopes up since it's just the middle of February. I need to get back to work so I hope everyone has a great day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment